Wastewater solutions are a must in every home, commercial building, or public works. Not only do wastewater treatment systems help conserve water through recycling, but they also reduce the stress on freshwater systems and contribute towards sustainable development.

Wastewater is produced every time you use a toilet, wash dishes, or bathe, etc.  Industrial processes and rainwater runoff also produces wastewater. Basically, water that has already been used and cannot be reused is called wastewater. It is full of bacteria and harmful toxins that need to be eliminated through special processes. Wastewater treatment systems remove pollutants, microbes, and toxins, and make wastewater safe. It can then be released back into the environment. A good wastewater treatment system efficiently recycles wastewater, producing pure water that can be safely used. These systems can either be biological or chemical (also known as physical) based. 

The Recirculating Textile Filter (RTF): How it works

The RTF system mainly uses biological processes to treat wastewater. This process involves two stages, primary treatment, and secondary advanced treatment.

In the primary stage, all household wastewater flows to a large chamber through a single drain. The solid particles settle in the chamber allowing naturally occurring bacteria to break them down through anaerobic digestion. Lighter particles and fats float on the surface while the heavier particles sink to the bottom of the chamber. An effluent filter holds back the solid particles while allowing the liquid wastewater to pass through to the recirculation chamber at the bottom of the RTF unit.

Advanced Secondary Treatment: Classified as a Pack Bed Reactor Treatment plant, this unit is miles ahead of the other available systems in the market which only offers treatment till the secondary treatment level. It was specially designed for keeping sensitive environments in mind. It does away with mechanical aerators, diffusers, and blowers which other commercially available systems rely on. Instead, it uses completely natural ways to oxygenate the effluent. The textile media contains air that supplies oxygen to the bacteria living on the textile surface. At periodic intervals, a specific quantity of wastewater from the recirculation chamber is sprayed on the textile bed. As the effluent trickles down, through the bed, the thriving bacteria colony attached to the textile media feeds on the organic material in the effluent. The bacteria keep working on the effluent until it is clean. The treated effluent then drops into the pump chambers below the textile bed. 80% falls back in the recirculation chamber where it mixes with incoming sewage and restarts the process of sending wastewater back to the top of the textile bed. The remaining 20% is collected in the treated effluent chamber; it can be pumped for irrigation, gardening, etc.

Advantages of installing a Reflection Wastewater Treatment Solutions System:

  1. The long-term benefits of installing an RWTS unit far outweigh the initial set-up cost.
  2. Out of sight, out of mind: The water treatment unit works quietly, so much so that you won’t even know it’s there. This is possible because it does not have a noisy blower or an activated sludge pump. Also, it is completely odor-free. It takes up little space and is simple to operate and easy to maintain.
  3. Save money: It is one of the most cost-effective systems available in the market today. By replacing expensive parts like blowers and activated sludge pumps with the more advanced Pack Bed Reactor, RWTS systems help save on daily running costs and maintenance. For an average-sized home, the power cost per day averages to about 20 cents – less than half the price you would pay for a more traditional aerator system.
  4. Environmentally friendly: The unobtrusive looking system consumes less power and safely recycles wastewater into clean water which can be used for irrigation, etc. Not only is the unit eco-friendly, but it also helps support the sustainability of natural resources.
  5. Peace of mind: All RWTS units are easy and simple to maintain. Systems installed by us are covered under a warranty so you can relax and leave the work to us.

If you still have questions regarding our state of art systems, you can always contact us here. Our expert team will guide and help you pick the right system for your needs.